If you want to enjoy wine, you know that the right wine temperature is essential for good wine to fully develop its bouquet. However, there is no such thing as the ideal drinking temperature; a number of factors play a role (e.g. quality level and age of the wine).
A wine that is too cold generally tastes restrained. A wine that is too warm tastes alcoholic and develops disturbing tones in the nose. Each type of wine has its ideal temperature at which the bouquet and flavor develop properly.
The right wine temperature
- Sparkling wine, sweet white wines (e.g. Walliser Spätlese): 6 – 9 degrees Celsius
- Dry white wines, rosés, aromatic white wines, port, sweet wines, Banyuls, sherry: 8 – 10 degrees.
- Light red wines (e.g. Gamay, East Swiss country wines, best white wines, Beaujolais): 12 – 14 degrees Celsius.
- Fuller red wines (e.g. Merlot Viti, Pino noir): 14 – 16 degrees
- Full-bodied red wines aged in small wooden barrels (e.g. Pino noir, Merlot Riserva, red Bordeaux): 16 – 18 degrees
Note: A wine warms up by about 1°C to 2°C when poured into the glass.
To always have a wine on hand at the right temperature, it’s worth investing in a wine fridge. Since most wine refrigerators have to be built in or detract from the atmosphere of the room with their appearance, great wine coolers are not easy to find.
That is why we have designed the La BarriqueCooler, a wine cooler that convinces both technically and visually as design furniture. The wine cooler can easily hold 17 bottles of 0.75 liters each and bring them to the right wine temperature. Its total capacity is 54 liters. The five sliding wooden shelves can be easily pulled out and can also be used in different ways. Therefore, the handling is very simple, but also practical. It is used at home, in the catering trade, in the wine cellar or in the hotel and convinces not only with the correct temperature control, but also with its appearance with barrique wood and mobility.
You finally want to stop compromising and enjoy wine at the right temperature? Learn more about our Barrique Cooler here in our shop.